Re: [uCsimm] mp3-player with uclinux

From: Serge M. Egelman (serge@bnsi.net)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 17:46:56 EDT

I'm actually starting a similar project with an STA013.

I'm looking for more info on using the bus on the uCsimm (since the SPI
interface won't be able to throw the frames at the chip fast enough).

I plan on using compact flash cards for media since they use the ATA
interface. Speaking of which, has anyone tried making an ATA/IDE
interface for the uCsimm? Is there any info available on this online?

Thanks,

serge

Jussi Alanara wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Carsten Block wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I like to build a mp3 player with uclinux. The mp3 files are stored in my
> > network and mounted via the ethernet connector.
> >
> > The player should be a special mp3-decoder IC like MAS3507D,
> > TL7231MD or STA013 to the uclinux hardware (uCsimm / uC68EZ32)
> > ports PD0-PD7.
> >
> > Are there any experience/ circuits etc. available here?
>
> I am starting a similar project and will be using these IC's:
>
> DAC3550A Stereo Audio DAC
> MAS3507D MPEG-1/2 Layer-2/3 Decoder
>
> I found these www-sites which will make the job easier:
>
> http://www.mp3ar.com
> http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~elm/reports/mpc/report_e.html
>
> As a storage I would use smartmedia flash cards or harddrive, anyone
> done such interfacing with uCsimm?

> Project Engineer Turku Polytechnic
> Jussi Alanärä
> Sepänkatu 1