Re: [uCsimm] mp3-player with uclinux

From: Jussi Alanara (jalanara@dc.turkuamk.fi)
Date: Sun Jun 11 2000 - 14:22:46 EDT

On Sun, 11 Jun 2000, Carsten Block wrote:

> Hi,
> I like to build a mp3 player with uclinux. The mp3 files are stored in my
> network and mounted via the ethernet connector.
>
> The player should be a special mp3-decoder IC like MAS3507D,
> TL7231MD or STA013 to the uclinux hardware (uCsimm / uC68EZ32)
> ports PD0-PD7.
>
> Are there any experience/ circuits etc. available here?

I am starting a similar project and will be using these IC's:

DAC3550A Stereo Audio DAC
MAS3507D MPEG-1/2 Layer-2/3 Decoder

I found these www-sites which will make the job easier:

http://www.mp3ar.com
http://www2s.biglobe.ne.jp/~elm/reports/mpc/report_e.html

As a storage I would use smartmedia flash cards or harddrive, anyone
done such interfacing with uCsimm?

Project Engineer Turku Polytechnic
Jussi Alanärä
Sepänkatu 1