Re: [uCsimm] uLinux boot problem

From: Florian G. Pflug (fgp@fgp.priv.at)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 22:36:20 EDT

On Thu, Jun 08, 2000 at 10:10:40AM -0500, Lord, Marc wrote:
> I have started working with the uCsimm and got the uLinux working once but
> since
> each time i execute the image it hangs after displaying "eth0: using
> 10Base-T (RJ-45)".
> the following is the terminal output from the reset.
> I had modified the rc and resolv.conf file so I rebuilt the env and made a
> default image
> and reprogramed the simm but it still hangs.

> VFS: Mounted root (romfs filesystem) readonly.
> Unable to open an initial console.
> eth0: Setting MAC address to 00 50 c2 03 64 42.
> eth0: Attempting TP
> eth0: using 10Base-T (RJ-45)

HI

I guess the real problem is "Unable to open an inital console".
You should check the dev-directory in your romdisk dir.
Ist there a ttyS0 device?
If there is, check the permissions and try setting them to 666.
I don't know right now who the kernel knows which console to use on startup
- maybe you need a link from /dev/ttyS0 to /dev/console.

Try bulding a new development enviroment, or at least set the contens of the
romdisk dir back to default, then try rebuilding the image.

greetings, Florian pflug