Re: [uCsimm] uLinux boot problem

From: Geoffrey Wossum (gpw0341@omega.uta.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 14:35:31 EDT

Mark,

> I have started working with the uCsimm and got the uLinux working once
but
> since
> each time i execute the image it hangs after displaying "eth0: using
> 10Base-T (RJ-45)".

I think your real problem might have to do with that "Unable to open
initial console" message. You might check the /etc/inittab file.

If you don't have an Ethernet link the stock uClinux kernel doesn't like
you and will wait for a link upon booting up. There's a patch you can
find in the mailing list archives that'll fix that, but I don't think
that's your problem.

---
Geoffrey Wossum
gwossum@acm.org