Re: [uCsimm] debugging with GDB

From: 권석근 (kwonsk@mail.linuxonchip.com)
Date: Thu Jun 08 2000 - 01:36:47 EDT

Hi,

>I also use DDD to debug my MC68332 platform.
>I just used the -debugger switch instead of replacing gdb in /usr/bin (Is
that what you mean with 'command line option'?)

I mean -debugger switch, and it fail on my system.

>It works quite well, but not perfectly :
>- the backtrace function doesn't work at all

I also encountered backtrace problem. In my guess, DDD did not stop stack
tracing even they
met stack top (there might be invalid address beyond top of stack).

>- when debugging a function, the display of parameters in the console is
often wrong, sometimes causing a Bus Error
>- DDD often crashes, creating an enormous coredump. I often have to reset
my computer :-(

Well,, we might need help from DDD people.

>If you had some explaination to those behaviors, I would be delighted.

I also be happy, if someone solves this problems.

Thanks.
kwonsk