RE: [uCsimm] debugging with GDB

From: OEM industrialisation (industrialisation@oem-terminals.fr)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 11:12:11 EDT

I also use DDD to debug my MC68332 platform.
I just used the -debugger switch instead of replacing gdb in /usr/bin (Is that what you mean with 'command line option'?)
It works quite well, but not perfectly :
- the backtrace function doesn't work at all
- when debugging a function, the display of parameters in the console is often wrong, sometimes causing a Bus Error
- DDD often crashes, creating an enormous coredump. I often have to reset my computer :-(

If you had some explaination to those behaviors, I would be delighted.

Guillaume Jaunet