Re: [uCsimm] LCD issues

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Tue Jun 06 2000 - 18:31:47 EDT

Rob Scott wrote:

> Thanks, Tom! I just ordered three of these, for $97 (including shipping).
> The phone number is: (949) 361-2333, ext 23. This is a good price for
> QVGA, CCFT backlit displays with documentation...
>
> Rob Scott
>
> P.S. If you're still interested in doing an ARM SIMM, I'd definitely be up
> for porting linux to it (I just finished getting linux-2.3.99 to run on a
> Link Up systems development board).

The jury is still out on an ARM SIMM, probably an ARM processor mounted
on a motherboard with SIMM sockets to add goodies onto? I have a Cirrus
Logic Eval system that I ordered comming UPS tomorrow (I hope) and that
is the ARM710 processor. At least it will be possible to, perhaps, do
another double-sided PCB system for the ARM710 as it is not the
GIGA-fast SA-1100 processor. :O

TomW

PS. there is another post to the list that may interest you about the
LCD, in about 3 hours, this is a slow list. I also subscribe to the
OpenBSD list and that is a really fast list! Postings turn around back
to me in less than four minutes!