Re: [uCsimm] ucsimm display &keboard problem

From: Glenn West (gwest@krdl.org.sg)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 19:22:22 EDT

There are chips (Check circuit cellar magazine or web size) that will
allow you to convert a PC keyboard to serial.

As far as the display, a "console driver" will need to be written.
There already code that allows text. Put it as a background process, set
up a "pseudo" console device, really looks like a char unix device, and
redirect the text output to the background process to display on the LCD.
Make sure you have enough "buffer" space such that the initial kernel text
output can be "captured" if you want this. Otherwise, you throw it away,
or redirect it till you ready for the switch. There's bits and pieces of this
in desktop linux that you can pervert, and then you can also use the existing
standalone code as well.

Done this kinda thing quite a few times, so it is doable.