Re: [uCsimm] ucsimm display &keboard problem

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 11:22:39 EDT

> iMAXSZ engineering wrote:
>
> Hi: all
>
> I connect my 1 bit 480 *64 LCD to ucsimm module, now the LCD can
> dispaly char correctly. but I have some problem
> that I can't solve.
>
> 1. How to make all message that ucsimm display on pc screen display
> on my LCD? for example: etc/issue content is
> dispayed on pc screen when we boot uClinux, now I want to make the
> etc/issue content dispaly my LCD.shoul I how to
> do ?

The LCD is an additional piece of hardware that simply exists in the
system, it is not an essential part of the system in any way. There is
no support for an LCD display from within uClinux, OTHER THAN the fact
that you can build an application that runs under uClinux and changes
the data within the LCD framebuffer.

With all that being said, you probably could integrate the LCD into the
uClinux as an essential part of the system, such as being the system
console, but no code that I am aware of has been written, as yet, to do
this...

> 2.Could the ucsimm use keyboard directly ? if not , should I how to
> do?

Sure, you can put a matrix keyboard on it. If you mean a PC/AT style of
keyboard, then you will need an external controller to speak to the PC
keyboard and have it pass the key data back to the 68EZ328 processor.