Re: [uCsimm] CS8900 problem

From: profesor@sidehack.sat.gweep.net
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 16:00:28 EDT

> I have been experiencing a similar problem. Rev 0 of the operating system,
> both the one that came pre-compiled one that I rebuilt from scratch work
> just fine. However, pre4 and pre7 releases (both which show up as pre3
> when booting ) fail to detect the crystal lan device.

I think they changed the ucsimm - the old ucsimm had a conformal
coating, and the new one I recently ordered does not, and is laid
out slightly different. I think the cs8900 driver changed between
the two - when I ordered the new ucsimm, they sent me a new CD, and
my ethernet driver wouldn't work until I booted the new OS on the
CD.

        -Matt