RE: [uCsimm] CS8900 problem

From: Zimmerman Alan D Cont OL-D/CNO (Alan.Zimmerman@afiwc01.af.mil)
Date: Fri May 19 2000 - 13:14:36 EDT

I have been experiencing a similar problem. Rev 0 of the operating system,
both the one that came pre-compiled one that I rebuilt from scratch work
just fine. However, pre4 and pre7 releases (both which show up as pre3
when booting ) fail to detect the crystal lan device.

Here is the process I went about rebuilding the OS. Am I missing something
fundamental here?

copy original /opt/uClinux/linux directory to a safe location
tar xzvf the linux2.0.38 source from the CD
patch -p1 < pre7 (or pre4) diffs
make menuconfig
make linux.bin
go to build location
buildenv
make
load image.bin onto simm

when it fails, reload known good OS via serial port.

Alan Zimmerman
Veridian Trident Data Systems