Re: [uCsimm] lissa on epson lcd: succes!

From: Stephen (scheung@ee.cuhk.edu.hk)
Date: Thu May 18 2000 - 02:29:03 EDT

Hi everyone

Hello Fillip! It seems that you have hacked the lissa code to ucsimm. I
am also trying to compile it to run in my ucsimm. However, when I
compile it, it complaints "could not find stamp.h". After I studied the
code, I still cannot find out where I can find that .h file. I really
need your help.

Thanks
Stephen

Filip Peters wrote:

> If anybody is interested, I hacked the lissa code from the pilot archive to work
> on the Epson 640x480 lcd. It works quite nicely, altough the lcd isn't very
> suitable for fast moving things.
>
> It didn't require much work, I just removed the framebuffer code, callocated a
> block memory for the display, and set LSSA to the start of this block (so I
> could restore the original display after runnung the code).
> I have looked at the code for the framebuffer in the kernel, but this is only
> usefull for compatibility. It's quite easy to make it work for the 640x480
> display, but the only thing you can do with it is ask a pointer to the screen
> and the screen size. If you want to do double buffering, you need to do it
> yourself. I'm probably going to try the framebuffer when I recompile the kernel.
> (although I want to wait for the pre5 kernel ;)
>
> The only problem I had was sin and cos: whenever I tried to link with the
> libmf.a (-lm or -lmf ), the compiler (linker) would complain about sin and cos
> (something with DISP16 in it, I'm now at a different computer). I ended up
> recompiling the libm, and linking directly with sinh.o and constf.o ...
> If anybody has some code examples (makefile) that show how to use the libm.a, I
> would appreciate it...
>
> Filip Peters.
>
> --
> Ir. Filip Peters