RE: [uCsimm] Modifying and building the uCLinux kernel.

From: Stu (doktor1@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 17:10:54 EDT

As your normal user account, after you have installed the RPMs:

su - (this is done as root)
cd /opt/uClinux/linux (change to the uClinux kernel dir)
make menuconfig (configure the kernel to your needs)
make linux.bin (compile it and make the kernel image)
cd ../src (change to the utils source tree)
make (build any unmade programs)

exit (switch back to normal user account)
mkdir uClinux (create a directory for your projects)
cd uClinux
buildenv (copy the uClinux distro to this directory)
make (make any outstanding sources and create
                                the ROM image)

That should get you started. Remember, linux.bin is the finished kernel.
linux.data and linux.text are only intermediate files and need not be
uploaded to the uCsimm. The 'image.bin' file in ~/uClinux contains the
kernel, filesystem, and all utilities (in other words, the complete
distribution) - THAT is what you upload to the uCsimm.