Re: [uCsimm] Trouble using minicom

From: Erik Ratcliffe (erik@calderasystems.com)
Date: Mon May 15 2000 - 10:54:20 EDT

Xmodem on the uCsimm is waiting for you to start an Xmodem transfer on the
minicom end. Odds are you have an incorrect Xmodem command line set in
minicom.

What you'll need to do is go into the minicom setup screen and make sure
that the Xmodem command listed within is correct. Change the command to the
correct one if necessary. For instance, some Linux systems set up Xmodem
as /usr/bin/rx and /usr/bin/sx for receive and send, respectively, while
others use /usr/bin/lrx and /usr/bin/lsx [like OpenLinux systems do]. Make
sure the correct command is configured within minicom.

With that done, run rx on the uCsimm, then initiate an Xmodem transfer on
the local end and all should be fine. You'll get a status window listing
what's happening with the transfer if all goes well.

--
| (o)(o) Erik Ratcliffe, Caldera Systems |
|  \oo/      erik@calderasystems.com     |