[uCsimm] What do you think of the uCSimm?

From: Craig Peacock (Craig.Peacock@beyondlogic.org)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 21:27:05 EDT

Thanks for all your comments, especially the ones via email. They are
much appreciated.

> Forget about the cost of the hardware and purchase it. It is
> insignificant if you consider the `network' effect of the project. Where
> else can you participate in this kind of project and receive as much
> online help as is being donated by the group. That is the real value of
> the uCSimm.

True - David. I'm also ready to sign on the dotted line (Press the Order
Button). I find the uCSimm a quick way of entering the arena and the
fact that I should be able to take it out of the box and having it
running in 30 minutes is what I'm seeking. I'm just a little curious
about the extra's.

Can anyone verify claims that they have used a 5V CS8900A-CQ instead of
a 3.3v CS8900A-CQ3 part. The spec sheet would suggest the recommended
operating range for the 5V CS8900A-CQ is 4.75V Min to 5.25V.

Was this a substitution for short supply of the 3.3V Supply or is there
a charge pump on board?

Craig Peacock