Re: [uCsimm] What do you think of the uCSimm?

From: RootBranchLeafandStem (root@nthstone.mi.org)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 17:07:04 EDT

> I'm evaluation a purchase of a uCSimm and are wondering what the general
> perceptions are? Is it value for money? What is the documentation like?

you should buy the kit. the whole point is that those 3 pieces
(cd/ucsimm/connectorboard) have been designed to work together and actually
do. sure you could save yourself $30 and design and build a connector board
(maybe a smaller one with simm socket, battery, rj45, speaker). i think that
might cost way more than $30 in time. the developement system and support
files installed correctly on my redhat 6.0 system. i don't know if an exact
copy of the cd is available, or only a set of rpms.

once you have a working system, it is extremely easy to customize.

--
     tony audas - taudas@nthstone.mi.org - System Nth Stone from The Sun
"If you ask it the wrong question, Mr. Babbage, will it give the right answer?"