Re: [uCsimm] All this talk about serial pinouts...

From: Geoffrey Wossum (gpw0341@omega.uta.edu)
Date: Sat May 13 2000 - 01:32:58 EDT

Eric,

> Any takers? If this thing is supposed to use null-modem cables, I'm open
> to hearing what kinds of tests I can run to check what's coming out of the
> serial port. I have an old Fluke 27 DMM w/ no documentation, but lack o'
> docs has never stopped me before. :)

Use a standard modem cable, not null-modem.

Null-modem cable is for connecting two DTE devices together (it has the
lines crossed over). However, the uCgardner board is setup to be a DCE
device, so you use a standard modem cable.

Don't feel too bad, I tried using a null-modem cable at first ;)

---
Geoffrey Wossum
gwossum@acm.org
Project AKO - http://rover1.uta.edu/~ako