Re: [uCsimm] All this talk about serial pinouts...

From: erik@calderasystems.com
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 23:26:49 EDT

Quoting Terry Carlin <carlintg@bellatlantic.net>:

> Thanks to a message from Tom Walsh, I figured it out. You just need a
> straight thru cable. No null modem cable. I spend most of the afternoon

I just found that out myself. Using a few other pinout messages I saw in this
list earlier, I put two and two together and figured out where I was going
wrong. I bought a regular serial cable, and now I'm in business!

Thanks for the info, though... Hopefully my next question won't be so basic. :)

E.