Re: [uCsimm] Pinouts for serial cable

From: Geoffrey Wossum (gpw0341@omega.uta.edu)
Date: Fri May 12 2000 - 14:27:39 EDT

Terry,

> Looking for the pinouts to hook up the uCsimm to a linux serial port.
> db9 to db9.

Hook uCsimm pin 12 (RSRXD) to DB9 pin 3, and uCsimm pin 13 (RSTXD) to DB9
pin 2. And of course DB9 pin 5 to ground.

This'll set the uCsimm up as DCE device, so you can just use a standard
modem cable (not null-modem).

If you want the uCsimm as a DTE device, reverse the lines. However,
sounds like you want the uCsimm as a DCE device.

RTS and CTS come out on uCsimm pins 5 and 6, respectively, but I don't
know if the driver supports hardware handshaking. I imagine it does, but
I've never tried to use the handshaking.

---
Geoffrey Wossum
gwossum@acm.org
Project AKO - http://rover1.uta.edu/~ako