Re: [uCsimm] Power supply for uCsimm

From: billy ball (bball@staffnet.com)
Date: Mon May 08 2000 - 14:02:00 EDT

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Erik Ratcliffe wrote:

> On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 08:27:36AM -0400, billy ball wrote:
> > i initially tried 4.5v, but need 6v for the ethernet to work...
>
> ACK! As this is going to be a networked system, I guess I'll be exchanging
> my 4.5v for one of those 1.5-12v puppies.

fyi, i didn't do a whole lot of testing when using the 4.5v setting with
the RS power supply... all i know is that uCsimm didn't work at 4.5v, but
started working with the 6v setting... (and has been working ever
since)...

i also took a tip from other posters by being aware of any component being
warm to the touch, but found all components at room temp when using the 6v
setting... (polarity on the RS power supply's tip is most important,
and should be negative center... on the RS tip, pull out the plug,
then align the word 'TIP' with '-' and reinsert before use!)...