Re: [uCsimm] Hacking the Palm IIIe?/ Off topic

From: Tony L. Svanstrom (tony@svanstrom.com)
Date: Sun May 07 2000 - 03:41:51 EDT

> > I'm also a Palm developer(third party, anyway). Wish I
> > could give you some insight on the hardware stuff, but I
> > don't mess around much with the low-level OS stuff. What do
> > you think having Linux running on the Palm would give you
> > that the PalmOS itself doesn't.(Besides the thrill of
> > hacking it yourself)? BTW, Palm makes most the OS open
> > source if you sign some sort of agreement.

Some people worked on porting Linux to Palm a couple of years ago, at the
time 2 MB-units was all that was available in a standard unit and just to
get the thing started I think they needed 8 MB. Don't know if anyone's
still working on such a project and I don't have any URI's available, but I
guess your favorite searchengine can dig something up.

        /Tony

--
Per scientiam ad libertatem. 1999 Tony L. Svanstrom