Re: [uCsimm] Hacking the Palm IIIe?

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 20:27:46 EDT

I Found that the BDM line goes to one of the ATE test pads on the PCB,
there is a line of four pads running in a line from the MPU pin1 towards
capacitor C9, the BDM is the third pad from pin 1, I am going to solder
a wire to that pad and bring it out into the battery compartment for
now.

The touch screen is a four wire screen which all four wires connect to
J1 on the main board (pins 17-20), these pins are wired to a device
marked 'BRADS 7843E' on pins 2-4, this may be some type of touch screen
controller? It has the SPI TX (pin 16), RX (pin 14), CLK (pin 12)
signals on it with a connection to the MPU IRQ5 (pin 27 of MPU). There
does not appear to be a CHIP SELECT, may be that pin 10 of this device
which is tied to GND may be the device CS and it is always enabled?