Re: [uCsimm] Hacking the Palm IIIe?

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 19:32:36 EDT

I purchased a Palm IIIxe tonight and took it apart. It is the
DragonBall 68EZ328PU16 controller, AMD 29LV160D8-70 Flash, Samsung
K4E641612C-TL50 DRAM. The MPU RS232 XMIT & RCV are wired into the IR
port, the TXD line goes directly to the TD diode of the IR device,
trying to figure out if the RCV line has any type of any enble on it, I
wouldn't think so if they want to make this thing upgradable?....

Reset line is accessed via a paperclip hole in the back of the unit,
BDM is attached to a 10K pullup resistor and there is a feed through VIA
there, but I cannot figure out where else the BDM line is going to...