Re: [uCsimm] Hacking the Palm IIIe?

From: erik@calderasystems.com
Date: Fri May 05 2000 - 09:22:13 EDT

Quoting Tom Walsh <tom@cyberiansoftware.com>:

> Has anyone opened up the Palm IIIe and taken a look inside? I almost
> bought one tonite, but was not sure if it had the 68EZ328 processor or
> the 68328 processor inside? Also, does it have Flash or Prom memory
> for the program store?

I don't know about the processor, but I do know that there is no flash in the
IIIe. You'll have to go to a IIIx (I think) or a plain III to get flash in
that series (I'd recommend the IIIx over the III because of the extra RAM -
4MB instead of 2, unless I'm mistaken). The IIIx is the hacker's Palm... :)

E.