Re: [uCsimm] MP3's

From: Geoffrey Wossum (gpw0341@omega.uta.edu)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 20:42:35 EDT

> I disagree. I think it's a great platform. Think of how much easier it is to
> develop for it - it runs Linux. Not everyone wants to write a GUI-enabled
> playlist editor in assembly on a processor with two general-purpose
> registers. :P

Hey, that's not true! PIC's only have one general-purpose register! ;-)

Point taken. Ease of development is an important consideration. However,
good (commercial) C compilers exist for PIC's. I'm looking at remedying
that free compiler situation.

Perhaps what I meant is that the uCsimm is too costly for a (mass
produced/marketable) MP3 player. I always ask "Is the current design good
for mass production?" right after "Is it marketable?"

---
Geoffrey Wossum
gwossum@acm.org
Project AKO - http://rover1.uta.edu/~ako