Re: [uCsimm] LCD issues

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 13:50:14 EDT

Iain Galloway wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> First of all, I want to say up front that I am an FAE with
> Future/FAI.
> My job is to help companies source components.
> I've been following this list for a while now, and thought you might
> appreciate my input. This is not my job to promote on the internet.
> I'm just interested in this list, and wanted to help out.
> Please let me know if you think it is inappropriate on this list, and
> I'll stop.
> ------------------
> 1) FAI is set up to handle small quantities of parts like these.
> Call 1-800-388-8731 to find your local FAI or Future branch.
> or go to Worldwide Branch Locations - FAI

You may still be able to get "broken lot" quantities in Canada, but I
just spoke to the FAI office in Mt. Laurel, New Jersey, USA
(800)228-4832, and they told me that the LM32019T Sharp LCD is only
available in 20 peice lots. The reason they gave is that since they
have switched to the new ISO-9002/9003 wharehousing system, the
wharehouse is fully automated and they will no longer break a container
to supply individual peices. This is not the way it was a year ago, but
it had been explained to me that "unoffically" they still sold broken
lots, where the "offical" policy was not to break lots up. Apparently
the wharehouse has changed this.

If anyone else is interested in purchasing a Sharp LM32019T display
(320x240) at $80.40 (FAI quote of per unit based upon on a 20 piece lot)
+ shipping, I have to order 6 of these displays, I would rather purchase
new displays from FAI (but may goto 'http://www.flat-panel.com' to get
them instead), I am tracking down the BERG connector for these displays:
BERG P/N SLD12R-1 or SLD12R-2. Both of these parts to connect to the
FFC 1.25mm 12 pin cable of the Sharp display are a bugger to locate!!!