Re: [uCsimm] USB

From: Iain Galloway (iain@engtec.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 09:26:09 EDT

Andrew,
You're right that the Cypress/Anchor chips USB parts are fantasic.
They are the first thing I suggest to any OEM that isn't building a keyboard or
mouse.

The only issue is that they (like most other USB 'chips') are mean't for building USB
peripherals. USB connected camera, datalogger, coffecup warmer :-) etc...

Steve Linn wanted to connect a USB printer to his uCsimm. This means he needs to form
a USB master device. An easier solution would be to use a IrDA printer like Seiko
offers.

Regards,
Iain

Iain Galloway,P.Eng. Applications Engineer
Future Active Industrial (FAI)
www.futureelectronics.com
www.future-active.com