Re: [uCsimm] LCD issues

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Wed May 03 2000 - 00:32:59 EDT

Ling Su wrote:

> Could anyone told me what is the differences between the Epson EG9013
> and the Sharp LM32019? I am seriously considering to buy one for my
> uCsimm, I'd like to know the exact differences and prices. Could
> anyone kindly give me some clue? Another simple point, need I build a
> board to hook up uCsimm and the LCD panel? Regards,-Ling

The EG9013 is a 640x480, the LM32019 is 320x240, both displays are
monochrone (Black + White). They both cost approx the same, about US$65
available from 'http://www.flat-panel.com/'. The EG9013 is an 8 bit
interface and needs a clock delay + 4 bit latch to present the data to
the display. The LM32019 needs no external hardware to make it run,
just hook it up to the appropriate lines of the MPU.