Re: [uCsimm] loading uc

From: Micah Dowty (micah@homesoftware.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 22:21:55 EDT

At kiwi.sourceforge.net you can find some tools I made that might help
working on raw hardware. There's a perl script, ez328boot.pl, that
attempts to mimic the functionality of motorola's bootloader proggie, but
for Linux. You can use it to initialize RAM and load S-Records into it.
Another program, ez328monitor, is a C program that will run on the raw
hardware, allowing you to test peripherals and (with a little modification
for your brand of flash chip) let you program and checksum flash memory.
As the bootloader used on the ucSimm seems to not be open source (as far
as I can tell there's nowhere to download it?) so I came up with a GPL'd
alternative for my board.

Hope this helps!

Micah Dowty
www.homesoftware.com