Re: [uCsimm] LCD issues

From: Iain Galloway (iain@engtec.com)
Date: Tue May 02 2000 - 17:21:28 EDT

Hello everyone,
First of all, I want to say up front that I am an FAE with Future/FAI.
My job is to help companies source components.
I've been following this list for a while now, and thought you might appreciate my
input. This is not my job to promote on the internet. I'm just interested in this list,
and wanted to help out.
Please let me know if you think it is inappropriate on this list, and I'll stop.
------------------
1) FAI is set up to handle small quantities of parts like these.
Call 1-800-388-8731 to find your local FAI or Future branch.
or go to Worldwide Branch Locations - FAI

2) This is different from "Future Active Catalog". Which can be used when ordering
single pieces. Future Active Catalog
http://www.future-active.com
The catalog is useful for finding inventory etc. Call FAI for better pricing when you
are building more than "one".

3) The part numbers you are looking for are:
G4-EVALKIT - Vitrium G4 designer Kit 1/4VGA
G8-EVALKIT - Vitrium G4 designer Kit 1/4VGA
G325E01R300 - G4 1/4 VGA display (320x240 TF. FSTN COG)
G241D01R000 -G8 1/8VGA (240x160)
(Sorry but I'm not allowed to quote you a price. You have to talk to a sales person.
Don't worry they're friendly!)

4) We have MANY other LCD suppliers, Touch screens backlight inverters etc...
Sharp, NEC, Seiko, Hyundai, Stanley, American Zettler, PowerTIP, Tianma, Dynapro, ELO
touch.....
If you want I'll look for other good fits or other parts that make up the uCsimm
boards. (like the RS485 trancivers that were talked about.)

Regards,
Iain Galloway
Iain Galloway,P.Eng. Applications Engineer
Future Electronics/ Future Active Industrial (FAI)
Email: iain@engtec.com

"Carl W. Price" wrote:

> David Beckemeyer wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 03:46:37PM -0400, Tom Walsh wrote:
> > > Just about any monochrome 1/4 VGA screen will work with the DragonBall.
> >
> > Can you be a little more specific? What are some good suppliers in
> > small quantities? Who stocks/sells monochrome 1/4 VGA LCDs?
> >
> > This message resent by the ucsimm@uclinux.com list server http://www.uClinux.com/
>
> The display I listed code for can be seen at
> http://www.seiko-usa-ecd.com/lcd/html/whats_new/g4.html
>
> With the eval kit being available from mouser for ~ $125.
> The nice thing about this kit is you can use some of the
> circuitry in the kit to get you up fast, and use the .1"
> header to hook to your board instead of the flex cable.
>
> --Carl
> carl_price@agilent.com

Iain Galloway,P.Eng. Applications Engineer
Future Active Industrial (FAI)
24 Humphrey Drive, Charlottetown
PEI, Canada, C1B 1K2
Email: iain@engtec.com
Vmail-Pager:(800)-477-6668 ext.#87238
Bus:(902)-626-3081  Fax:(902)-628-1703           (ISTARLAPTOP)