Re: [uCsimm] LCD issues

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 21:28:07 EDT

David Beckemeyer wrote:

> On Mon, May 01, 2000 at 03:46:37PM -0400, Tom Walsh wrote:
> > Just about any monochrome 1/4 VGA screen will work with the DragonBall.
>
> Can you be a little more specific? What are some good suppliers in
> small quantities? Who stocks/sells monochrome 1/4 VGA LCDs?

One supplier that I have obtained "refurbished" and new LCDs from is:
'http://www.flat-panel.com'. I have purchased the Epson EG9013 and the Sharp
LM32019 displays, both of them work on the DragonBall. The prices are not too bad,
you can outfit yourself with a nice LCD + a touch panel for less than $100.

For interfacing to a touch panel, look at my schematics
'http://www.openhardware.net/Users/TomW/' to see how to do it with an SPI A/D
converter. If you want the configs for the display controller programmer, read the
sources available on the site, or send me email for the data. .... Come to think
of it, I think that that would be another link on the resources page, settings for
the differing LCDs I have used.