Re: [uCsimm] New uCsimm Startup was mail list archives.

From: Chris Peterson (clp@alumni.caltech.edu)
Date: Mon May 01 2000 - 01:42:51 EDT

Gerald-

My uCsimm came with linux installed. Type 'go' in the monitor, wait for
the OS to start and login with the password uClinux. The installed build
supports networking, including NFS, telnet, and http.

If for some reason you don't have the OS in flash, you can reload it by
xmodem using monitor commands ('rx', then 'program' if I recall
correctly). You could also flash your test program this way, although it
would be painfully slow at 9600 baud (I got fatal xmodem errors at 115K
baud).

You might get the physical network going with a crossed cable. A hub
would be a better approach, though. 10 MBPS hubs are going for around
$30 these days, and will give you 4-8 ports.

-Chris