Re: [uCsimm] New uCsimm Startup was mail list archives.

From: Gerald Waugh (gerald@waugh.com)
Date: Sun Apr 30 2000 - 16:45:10 EDT

Chris Peterson <clp@alumni.caltech.edu> Wrote
ON: Sunday, April 30, 2000 5:56 PM

> Can't help with the location of any possible archives. The manual is
> very terse at best, and a good deal of experimentation is required to
> figure out how things work.
>
> The picture on page 41 is showing a terminal session (minicom) running
> on the host and connected via serial port to the uCsimm. It is assumed
> that both the host and the uCsimm are on a working network. Make sure
> the NFS daemons are running on the host, and mount your development
> directory on the uCsimm:

Thanks Chris,
How do I get the uCsimm and my workstation on a network, I suppose a crossed
patch cable woud be a start.
But, I am not sure how to get networking running on the uCsimm.
I know on a linux system that editing /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0,
/etc/sysconfig/network, and /etc/rc.d/rc.local then doing a
/etc/rc.d/init.d/network stop / start will get a network running.
Currently I am connected to the uCsimm through the serial port and the uCsimm
comes up with a sign-on blurb and a few commands available (visualized with the
command "help").
This is a new uCsimm, and I don't know if there is an operating system on it or
not. It appears that only this little 'monitor' is available.
Jerry