Re: [uCsimm] Software Install Problem

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 17:08:26 EDT

Jerry Waugh wrote:

> > Stu [SMTP:doktor1@earthlink.net] wrote
> On Thursday, April 27, 2000 12:42 PM
> > To: ucsimm@uClinux.com
> > Subject: RE: [uCsimm] Software Install Problem
> >
> > Use --force. I think the genromfs distributed with uClinux is specially
> > patched to generate a ROM filesystem readable by uClinux.
> >
> > Or, more cleanly, remove the newer genromfs and THEN install the one from
> > uClinux.
> >
> Please help!
> How do I remove genromfs if I do an rpm -q (or -e)
> genromfs-3.0-4.i386.rpm it says it isn't installed?
> I am really having more difficulty installing this software than I
> really should! Would it help if I used SuSE Linux, I hate to change my
> flavors of Linux, but I have to get this thing going, or my wife and kids
> are going to go hungry!!!
> Thanks in advance for the help that I pray will be forthcoming!
> Jerry

Do an 'rpm -e genromfs', it is not necessary to provide the version number. And,
the use of the '...i386.rpm' is going to confuse the rpm tool!!! Try doing a 'rpm
-qa | less' to see what packages are installed and the name they have been installed
under, these are the names you would use to '-e' remove them, or '-qi' to get the
summaries.