Re: [uCsimm] Software Install Problem

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 14:41:21 EDT

Kang Tin LAI wrote:

> you are lucky, because you can see these messages.
> i use slackware linux, i can't install anything!!
>
> try to use a command its name is rpm (man it if you don't
> know how to use it) to remove existing genromfs package first,
> then re-install.
>
> i install my uclinux manually one by one package. strongly
> suggected that a install script using standard un*x commands
> only, not all people like rpm.

Kang,

    I am somewhat sympathetic to your use of Slackware, I used it for quite a while.
I finally switched to RedHat after I installed Oracle on a Slackware 3.6 system and
went through a lot of difficulties in installing the glibc libraries. I finally did
it, installing the Oracle on Slackware become a personal thing to complete the
installation!

    The problem that you are experiencing with the genromfs is that you have a
conflict with an existing genromfs binary already existing on your system. May I
suggest that if you don't want to remove that genromfs, why not rename the new one to
some other name (like genuclinuxfs) and change the Makefile that is created by
buildenv to call the newly named binary instead?

TomW