Re: [uCsimm] Development of Dragonball - Coldfire board for ucLinux

From: James Dekorse (dekorse@primenet.com)
Date: Fri Apr 28 2000 - 01:14:32 EDT

 Hi,

  I do this currently on the MPC823 (PPC embedded variant) and also in the
past on the M68332. I cannot say for certain, but believe this is
possible.

  The initial parameters that I set up with the BDM on the 823 are system
protextion control, clearing reset statuses and programming memory (which
consists of programming the UPMA/UPMB and MPTR. I do not know what the
equivalent Coldfire registers are , but am guessing they ae similar.

  Motorola has complete documentation on their website of all their
processors in .PDF format. Here you will find details on teh BDM. It can
also depend on the ICE that you connect through. I use EST (now
WindRiver) visionIce and visionProbe.

jim