[uCsimm] Development of Dragonball - Coldfire board for ucLinux

From: Thomas Winterhalder (twinterhalder@bigfoot.de)
Date: Wed Apr 26 2000 - 15:06:05 EDT

Hi,

I want to develope a microcontroller board based on Dragonball or
Coldfire to run ucLinux and networking software.

Two questions:

If I use Coldfire it is easy to debug with the BDM interface, but:

- Is it possible to initialize the processor and the DRAM, get
  some programm code into the RAM and run it, by the BDM interface?
  There will be no preprogrammt ROM or Flash memory.
  Operation like in bootstrap mode of the Dragonball.

If I use Dragonball it is easy to get the first code into it
with the serial interface and the bootstrap mode, but:

- I found no in-circuid emulation tools for it.
  Did anybody know something?

I would be very happy if someone can help me with some information ;-)

Best regards,

Tom