RE: [uCsimm] project

From: Andrew Goodney (goodney@usc.edu)
Date: Sat Apr 22 2000 - 12:46:01 EDT

Phil:

Thank you for the response, however a diatribe about hard work was not the
response I was looking for. Of course anyone with the technical skills could
build the ucSIMM, that was my point. My question was, "How can a system
level design, that does not make any innovations, be protected under law as
proprietary?" I am dealing with this issue with some intellectual property I
designed, so I am interested in a specific answer.

As for the guys at RT, I realized that this physical design had advantages,
mostly that somebody else had already done the work. This is why I bought a
ucSIMM; I was also lucky enough to receive one of the first round units.

Thanks,

Andrew Goodney
USC EE 2000