Re: [uCsimm] 125 micro second latency - REALTIME?

From: wroberts1@cx983858-b.alsv1.occa.home.com
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 18:12:55 EDT

ARCNET is designed for what you need. ANSI standard ATA878.1
http://www.arcnet.com/abtarc.htm

you'll see in drivers/net in the kernel tree there is a com20020.c
driver for the smc arcnet chip. But i dont know whats involved in
porting it to uClinux. this is the part:
http://www.smsc.com/main/datasheets/20020.pdf

Also, the dragonball isnt very cost effective for things like this,
you'd want to use something else, like the coldfire, arm7 or i960.
I know the mcf5206e runs at 54Mhz, has DMA and is less expensive
than the dragonball.