Re: [uCsimm] [UCLINUX]: User Space Application

From: Geoffrey Wossum (
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 16:16:41 EDT

> To be familiar with uclinux programming, my first goal is to port
> Bernhard Kuhn's uCgames which now runs on Xcopilot to the Real ucsimm.
> Could anyone suggest me the right way and right utility to do so?

User space programs that run on the xcopilot should run without any
problems on a uCsimm.

uclinux program is like programming for Linux, except some of the header
files are different and some functions (not really any important
ones) aren't in the uC-libc.

The other main thing, like any embedded systems programming, is to keep it
small and simple.

The best way to learn uClinux programming would be learn to learn Linux
programming, which is for all practical purposes another Unix flavor.

Geoffrey Wossum
Project AKO -
Internet Imperialists -
This message resent by the list server