Re: [uCsimm] gdbserver problem !!!

From: koalas (redpage@21cn.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 20:58:08 EDT

Hi Paugam Luc,

>Hi all,
>
>I tried to use gdbserver from Kwonsk on my uCsimm module, and i am unable to
>step (from GDB) into a simple test program.
>
>However, I successfully compiled all the stuff: m68k-unknown-gdb + uCsimm
>gdbserver + add uC-libc ptrace + patch trap #1 on linux kernel.
I am a jackeroo of embedded linux, have less knowledge about cross compilling and
debugging. I tried to make an environment of remote debug, however it is not
successful. Could you do me a favor, introduce the whole process of compiling the
utilities you mentioned above and the process of handling stub.c for debugging kernel.
I have another question: when debug option added while executing m68k-pic-coff-gcc,
it will abort with "could not open -lg", I know I need a library, but where could I
find.

Thanks a lot.
Sincerely Koalas

           Koalas