[uCsimm] gdbserver problem !!!

From: Paugam Luc (PAUGAML@thmulti.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2000 - 05:49:02 EDT

Hi all,

I tried to use gdbserver from Kwonsk on my uCsimm module, and i am unable to
step (from GDB) into a simple test program.

However, I successfully compiled all the stuff: m68k-unknown-gdb + uCsimm
gdbserver + add uC-libc ptrace + patch trap #1 on linux kernel.
The host's GDB talk perfectly at initialization with the uCsimm's gdbserver.
I can view the C code of my test program, i can set breakpoint.
But when i step 1, i can't stop at the breakpoint. Each time, the test
program completes its execution.
Does anyone know why this is happening ?

PS: while compiling gdbserver, i needed to add low-linux.o into OBJS part in
the associated Makefile.
      And i also removed the _cleanup fonction from gdbserver/server.c
because it is already defined into crt0.S (uC-libc).

Thanks in advance for any help.
Luc

Here are the dumps (gdb & gdbserver) of my try :

----------------------------gdb-4.18 on my Host-----------------------------

paugaml@p5ak6450:~/uCsimm/src/test > m68k-unknown-coff-gdb ./test.coff
GNU gdb 4.18
conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB. Type "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "--host=i586-pc-linux-gnu
--target=m68k-unknown-coff"...
(gdb) target remote 192.168.0.12:1024
Remote debugging using 192.168.0.12:1024
0x10ce36a0 in text_start ()
(gdb) list
1 #include <unistd.h>
2 #include <string.h>
3
4 void
5 main (argc, argv)
6 int argc;
7 char **argv;
8 {
9 unsigned char *p = "BONJOUR !!!";
10 unsigned short k;
(gdb) b 1
Breakpoint 1 at 0x10ce36e8: file test.c, line 1.
(gdb) s
Single stepping until exit from function text_start,
which has no line number information.

Program exited with code 013.
(gdb)

# gdbserver :1024 test