Re: [uCsimm] Source for the 30 pin SIMM sockets

From: Michael Durrant (mdurrant@rt-control.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 19:07:13 EDT

on 07/04/00 14:14, Timothy D. Dunn at tdunn01@home.com wrote:

> Greetings group,
> I remember there was some hub-bub a while back about the availability of the
> 30 pin SIMM sockets used by the ucsimm. I have just seen an add for a single
> as well as dual sockets for 30 pin simms for like 20 cents each. MCM
> electronics is the mail order place. These can be ordered over the internet
> at www.mcmelectronics.com. (use order # 58-1985 for the single, and # 58-1980
> for the dual. The flyer had source code AC0300, but you probably won't need
> that if you go on-line)
> Of course everyone gets fliers from these guys all the time, so you all
> already knew that right?
>
> All that remains now is to find enough other stuff to buy to make the shipping
> worthwhile. :)

AMP is removing some of its 30 pin simm products from its line card.
I have been told that the last date to order big production runs of
30 SIMM connectors is MAY. Not sure if they are selling their dies and
molds to after market manufactures. Mind you other companies have
plenty of stock in warehouses. So eventually the price will creep up
until then there is still good world wide supply.

--
Michael