[uCsimm] ATA drive interface

From: Tom Walsh (tom@cyberiansoftware.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 15:23:52 EDT

Hello,

    I am planning on implementing an interface to an ATA Hard Drive in
uClinux. What I would like to know is this, where can I get some more
detailed info on the timings of the interface, and, do I need to
implement a "true" DMA archetecture or can I use the DMA REQUEST, DMA
GRANT, & IORDY to co-ordinate the transfers? Or, is the timing of the
interface / protocol such that I may risk timing the data transfer out
if I run an interrupt driven approach to servicing the DMA REQUEST line?

TIA