RE: [uCsimm] Perl for uClinux?

From: David Smead (smead@amplepower.com)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 13:05:00 EDT

Forget Perl!

Python is the answer for interpreted languages. There is a version that
doesn't use the stack, although I haven't tried it.

I've written code since the early 1960s in just about every language
invented. Python is by far the cleanest and most consistent language of
all. It's very easy to learn the basics, but like C there are tons of
library functions that one must learn about to write high level programs
without re-inventing the wheel.

Sorry all you Perl fans, but compared to Python, Perl is a cluttered mess.

Sincerely,

David Smead
http://www.amplepower.com.
http://www.ampletech.com.