RE: [uCsimm] Perl for uClinux?

From: David Siebert (dsiebert@gate.net)
Date: Thu Apr 06 2000 - 10:36:43 EDT

> No. Not unless you can manage to fit it in 32k. And something tells me
> that's not going to happen.
>
> uClinux is for embedded applications. Perl is not for embedded
> applications.

Well there was a time that people would have said Linux was not for embedded
applications. I bet there are embedded systems that use perl out there, I
know of a few that use TCL/TK. I think you are right in saying that perl and
the uCsimm are not a good match. You would do better using c++ or perhaps a
small basic.
That makes me wonder is there a small interpreted language that is a good
fit for the uCsimm/uClinux?
There are lots of programs that don't need the speed of C++ and are simpler
to write in other languages.