RE: [uCsimm] ucsimm updates

From: John Mitchell (johnm@magnet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 03 2000 - 11:50:00 EDT

On Sun, 2 Apr 2000, Stu wrote:

> > Is anybody else publishing their own updated (working) distribution?
>
> I pick up whatever comes by the mailing list and update the uClinux archive
> with it. When the archive goes public (nudge nudge, RT-Control guys), all of
> this stuff will be available. I also plan to make full distributions
> available.

cool! Is the license "free", in the sense that perhaps the work could be
moved to sourceforge.net? It provides a number of good features, like
a CVS (version control) server, mailing lists, bug tracking, etc.

> Donald is working on getting PHP3 and MySQL built into the uClinux web
> server. When he's done with that, the archive should be ready to go. I
> don't know when he'll be done.

Has anyone looked at Gadfly? It's a flexible SQL database intented to be
used on in-memory databases, hooked directly to Python. In fact, you dont
need any C code at all (although a module speeds things up quite a bit.)
As opposed to mySQL, it has crash recovery, and since nearly all the code
is in a high level language, it would be easier to extend/modify than
mySQL. Dunno about speed difference. Just my 2c.

http://www.chordate.com/kwParsing/gffaq.html

- j