[uCsimm] Inductors' Issue of Switching Power Supply

From: Xinhua Rong (6cr@263.net)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 21:10:40 EST

Hi all,

I am quite new to switching power supply design. I found in the recommended application diagram of MAX series there is one 100uH inductor. I wonder there is any requirement about this component. My current consideration is: big enough current, low loss (high efficiency), high frequency (how high? several MHz?).

If I have to homebrew it, what should I do? Such as, how many turns on Amidon FT-50-47 toroid? Thank you for your help!

Xinhua Rong
6cr@263.net
Department of Computer Science
Univ. of Sci. & Tech. of China