[uCsimm] Re: Power supply blues

From: Robert Poor (r@media.mit.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 10:04:39 EST

Uwe/Mitch:

Just to clarify one point: Mitch is using switching regulators;
the TI part is a linear regulator. Since efficiency is the issue,
a linear regulator probably isn't the way to go.

I've not worked with the MAX717 or 722, but with all switchers,
you have to pay close attention to the choice of capacitors (low
ESR), MOSFET, and circuit layout.

- Rob