[uCsimm] Re: [UCLINUX] Power supply blues

From: Uwe Hahn (uwe@hahn.robin.de)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 03:52:52 EST

On Wed, 29 Mar 2000, Micah Dowty wrote:

> I have been having trouble with the Maxim MAX717 and MAX722 power supply
> chips. They're working ok for the most part, but the efficiency is
> terrible. Does anybody have experience with these parts? (or switching
> power supplies in general?)
[...]

Hi Mitch,

These MAX parts can only handle around 150mA as far as I
remember. I am using the new Texas Instruments TPS77533
regulator which can handle 500mA and needs only 3 external
components (2 C's and one R), has an Enable and gives a very
clean supply. Very nice and quite cheap! (Around 1 USD)

Greets,

        Uwe